Payment is non-refundable, but if you give at least 24 hours’ notice off cancellations by telephone, it can be transferred to another date.
In the event your trek has to be cancelled for circumstances outside the control of Cannock Chase Trekking Centre, such as bad weather, safety issues on Cannock Chase, etc., payments will be transferred to the next suitable date. For a client wishing to cancel, we require a minimum of 24 hours’ notice by telephone for your trek to be transferred to another date. Lessons cannot be transferred to another date. All bookings are non-refundable.
Rider Registration Form
Prior to your trek, please complete the attached registration form and bring it with you on the day of your trek. Click here to download it.
The Horse Riders Code of Conduct
I understand that riding at any standard has inherent risks and that all horses may react unpredictably on occasions.
I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk.
I understand that instructions are given for my safety, and agree to follow instructions given to me by staff and instructors of the riding school.
I reserve the right not to ride a horse allocated to me and may request a change of instructor.
I understand that wearing an appropriate riding hat and body protector may reduce severity of an injury, should an accident happen, and agree that I will always wear a riding hat whilst riding, leading and grooming horses at the riding school. I understand it is my choice whether or not I wear a body protector.
I understand that the riding school will make decisions based on information I give them, and agree to always be honest and volunteer information about the following:
i. My abilities and riding experience
ii. Any previous riding accidents
iii. Any medical conditions that may affect my ability to ride
I understand that children are at particular risk around horses, and I agree that I will keep children that I am responsible for under close supervision when they are not being instructed by the riding school.
I understand that the riding school may refuse my request to ride for safety and operational reasons.
I understand that all riding crops and whips are not permitted at any time at this riding school, and agree that I will not carry or use one whilst riding horses at the riding school.
I understand that competing carries enhanced risk over and above general riding, and I agree that if I choose to participate in any competition or event, it is up to me to ensure I have the experience and ability to ride the course, including any jumps that form a part of it. If I am in any doubt, I will use my judgement and experience whether or not to enter.
- Before purchasing a specific voucher, please ensure that the voucher you are purchasing is appropriate, as certain rides have age / ability restrictions; ie our 1-hour and 2-hour treks are for age 7 upwards, paddock rides are for ages 4-9, etc. All relevant information can be found on our website at cannockchasehorsetrekking.com or by phoning CCTC on 01785 711177.
- Please book well in advance, as we have a limited number of spaces on each of our treks and on lessons, and once full we are unable to exceed this limit.
- There is a maximum weight limit of 16 stone for all riders. CCTC reserves the right to refuse a client if they are over that limit.
- Gift vouchers are valid for six months from the date of issue (as recorded on the gift voucher). They cannot be used after that date.
- Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Vouchers cannot be refunded, or exchanged for cash or other denominated vouchers.
- If an intended purchase is for a higher amount than the face value of the voucher(s), the difference can be made up with a debit card payment. If it is less, then change cannot be given.
- Vouchers cannot be sold to any third parties without our consent. If we do give our consent, then such consent may be subject to any conditions that we impose. In any event, you may not sell the vouchers through the internet without our express written consent, which you must obtain before making any such sale. We reserve the right at all times to refuse to permit any sale of vouchers by you to a third party.
- All riders are requested to complete a Rider Registration Form before riding with us and must be considered medically fit to ride.
- Gift vouchers are despatched by first-class post to the address requested on the purchase form.