Payment is non-refundable, but if you give at least 24 hours’ notice off cancellations by telephone, it can be transferred to another date.
In the event your trek has to be cancelled for circumstances outside the control of Cannock Chase Trekking Centre, such as bad weather, safety issues on Cannock Chase, etc., payments will be transferred to the next suitable date. For a client wishing to cancel, we require a minimum of 24 hours’ notice by telephone for your trek to be transferred to another date. Lessons cannot be transferred to another date. All bookings are non-refundable.
Rider Registration Form
Prior to your trek, please complete the attached registration form and bring it with you on the day of your trek. Click here to download it.
The Horse Riders Code of Conduct
I understand that riding at any standard has inherent risks and that all horses may react unpredictably on occasions.
I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk.
I understand that instructions are given for my safety, and agree to follow instructions given to me by staff and instructors of the riding school.
I reserve the right not to ride a horse allocated to me and may request a change of instructor.
I understand that wearing an appropriate riding hat and body protector may reduce severity of an injury, should an accident happen, and agree that I will always wear a riding hat whilst riding, leading and grooming horses at the riding school. I understand it is my choice whether or not I wear a body protector.
I understand that the riding school will make decisions based on information I give them, and agree to always be honest and volunteer information about the following:
i. My abilities and riding experience
ii. Any previous riding accidents
iii. Any medical conditions that may affect my ability to ride
I understand that children are at particular risk around horses, and I agree that I will keep children that I am responsible for under close supervision when they are not being instructed by the riding school.
I understand that the riding school may refuse my request to ride for safety and operational reasons.
I understand that all riding crops and whips are not permitted at any time at this riding school, and agree that I will not carry or use one whilst riding horses at the riding school.
I understand that competing carries enhanced risk over and above general riding, and I agree that if I choose to participate in any competition or event, it is up to me to ensure I have the experience and ability to ride the course, including any jumps that form a part of it. If I am in any doubt, I will use my judgement and experience whether or not to enter.
- Before purchasing a specific voucher, please ensure that the voucher you are purchasing is appropriate, as certain rides have age / ability restrictions; ie our 1-hour and 2-hour treks are for age 7 upwards, paddock rides are for ages 4-9, etc. All relevant information can be found on our website at cannockchasehorsetrekking.com or by phoning CCTC on 01785 711177.
- Please book well in advance, as we have a limited number of spaces on each of our treks and on lessons, and once full we are unable to exceed this limit.
- There is a maximum weight limit of 16 stone for all riders. CCTC reserves the right to refuse a client if they are over that limit.
- Gift vouchers are valid for six months from the date of issue (as recorded on the gift voucher). They cannot be used after that date.
- Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Vouchers cannot be refunded, or exchanged for cash or other denominated vouchers.
- If an intended purchase is for a higher amount than the face value of the voucher(s), the difference can be made up with a debit card payment. If it is less, then change cannot be given.
- Vouchers cannot be sold to any third parties without our consent. If we do give our consent, then such consent may be subject to any conditions that we impose. In any event, you may not sell the vouchers through the internet without our express written consent, which you must obtain before making any such sale. We reserve the right at all times to refuse to permit any sale of vouchers by you to a third party.
- All riders are requested to complete a Rider Registration Form before riding with us and must be considered medically fit to ride.
- Gift vouchers are despatched by first-class post to the address requested on the purchase form.
Privacy and Cookies Policy
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users.
- 1.3 In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Cannock Chase Trekking Centre.
- 2. Credit
- 2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (https://seqlegal.com).
- 3. How we use your personal data
- We may collect and process your personal data, as follows:
- 3.1 We may process data about your use of our website and services (“usage data“). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is Google Analytics.
- 3.2 We may process information contained in any enquiry or correspondence you submit to us regarding goods and/or services (“enquiry data“). The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
- 3.3 We may process your personal data that are provided in the course of the purchase and use of our services (“service data“). The service data may include name, address, email address and telephone number and the transaction details. This also includes the data collected in the form of the rider registration form that all riders who have not been on a trek/lesson in the last six months are required to complete prior to the trek/lesson booked.
- 3.3 We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- 3.4 In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this Section 3, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- 3.5 Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us, unless you have their express permission to do so and have disclosed the processing of personal data under this policy. Parents/guardians are able to supply the details of their children (under 18s) when completing a rider registration form on their behalf.
- 4. Providing your personal data to others
- 4.1 We may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- 4.2 Except for the circumstances detailed in 4.1 and any instances where you provide specific express permission to provide information to a named third party, we will not provide your personal data to any third party.
- 5. International transfers of your personal data
- 5.1 Data is not transferred internationally.
- 6. Retaining and deleting personal data
- 6.1 This Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- 6.2 Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- 6.3 We will retain your personal data as follows:
- (a) Where an enquiry has not progressed into the purchase of services, personal data (name, email address and/or telephone number) will be retained until the end of the tax year in which the enquiry occurred.
- (b) Where a service has been purchased, the personal data (name, email address, telephone number and billing address) will be retained for two full tax years after the end of the tax year in which the transaction took place (e.g. the personal data for a transaction in September 2018 will be retained until April 5th 2021).
- (c) Where a rider registration form has been completed, the personal data contained in it will be retained for five full tax years after the year in which the form was completed (e.g. the rider registration data for a form completed in September 2018 will be retained until April 5th 2021). This is required for insurance purposes.
- 6.4 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 6, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- 7. Amendments
- 7.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- 7.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- 8. Your rights
- 8.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- (a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
- (b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- 8.2 We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- 8.3 You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- 8.4 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
- 9. About cookies
- 9.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- 9.2 Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- 9.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- 10. Cookies that we use
- 11. Cookies used by our service providers
- 12. Managing cookies
- 12.1 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- (a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- (b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- (c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- (d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- (e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- (f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
- 12.2 Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- 13. Our details
- 13.1 This website is owned and operated by Cannock Chase Trekking Centre, registered no. 04162678; registered address – Rostance Edwards Ltd, 1 & 2 Heritage Park, Hayes Way, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 7LT; and office address – Chaseside Stables, Teddesley Coppice, Penkridge, Staffordshire ST19 5RP.
- 13.2 You can contact us:
- (a) By telephone, on the contact number published on our website from 8.30am to 5pm, Wednesday to Sunday; or
- (d) By email, using the email address published on our website.